180

I am going to admit my weight publicly on my blog.  I weigh 180, and I'm so proud because about a month ago I weighed almost 190.  When I went to clinic in November I was really heavy.  I'm still heavy - but I'm losing weight and I'm so proud of me. 

And I wanted you all to know that I'm finally proud of me and my weight. 

Want to know my secret to losing weight?  No carbs.  Okay, okay,  not NO carbs, but a very restricted carb diet.  I don't buy bread or tortillas anymore.  I have a carb addiction - and I could eat 6 pieces of toast in a sitting.  So if I only buy low to no carb foods, I eat better and lose weight.  I'm also eating less - and it's working.  Imagine that! 

I don't deprive myself of meals or ignore my diabetes (the low to no carb diet is probably best for my diabetes, anyways).  I don't deprive myself of carbs altogether either.  About once a week I let myself eat out and get a sandwich or soup in a bread bowl, and sometimes even Noodles.  But for the most part, I eat little meals that are low to no carbs.  And I'm really proud that 1) I'm sticking to something and 2) It's working!!!

I finally feel that if I lose weight, FABULOUS, but if I don't, that's okay too - because I'm me.  I may not really like the way I look in photos or in the mirror when I teach, but the more weight I lose the more I feel comfortable with myself and tell myself I don't need to lose weight.

Comments

Matt Todd said…
Carla

I think you look good in all your current pictures. If you didnt lose anymore I think you'd be just fine.

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break