Love

My goal in life is to love and be loved.   It's that simple.  Last night I got an email from Chris and I want to share it here because I felt so loved.  Here it is:

Hello everyone!

One of my best friends, Carla, has a rare and serious illness called Cystic Fibrosis. Carla loves my son Luca, and has a lot of fun taking walks, playing games, hiding from pretend bears, looking for ducks, playing catch, reading, and all sorts of things with Luca. She is so close to us that she has spent some Thanksgivings and Christmases with us. She's also Luca's honorary auntie, from before he was even born. She's really part of our family.

Here she is with Luca a couple of years ago:


The disease she deals with is debilitating and often leads to an early death. Since patients with the disease die early, pharmaceutical companies don't have much interest in trying to find a cure. As a result, most of the research is funded by donations to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The Foundation even sacrifices member benefits in order to put more of its donations into research.

I'd like Carla to be there with us when Luca has his first day of school, when he learns to read on his own, when he starts to look and talk funny because of adolescence, when he has his first date, when he graduates high school and college, and when he starts his own family.

We can all help that happen by donating to the Foundation. So if you have a dollar to spare, even in this terrible economy, would you consider donating to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation? If so, here's a link to my Great Strides page:

http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/ChrisS.

Great Strides is the fundraising walk for CF Foundation. If  you'd like to join me and my friends and family on May 22 at 9:00 AM, we'll be at Elver Park in Madison, WI.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your time!

Sincerely,

Chris
Thank you Chris, Kyra and Luca!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break