Almost There!

In less than two weeks it will be ONE YEAR since I have had any IV antibiotics.  Sometimes, I still can't get my mind around this.  Part of me feels so free, and another part of me feels really tied down - waiting for the bottom to drop out.  Waiting until I'm sick again.

And I know that is not how I want to live my life.  I am so grateful for everything I have going for me right now.  I want to live my life to the fullest for every CFer who is still in a hospital bed somewhere.  I want to fight for research and CF awareness.  I want people to know how isolating this disease is and how much we need to talk to each other to get through this. 

But I still feel guilty sometimes.  What did I do to deserve this good health?  Why did people I care about leave this earth?  Why wasn't it me?  Do I have a purpose in still being here?  Am I as inspirational as those we have lost?  I hope so. 

I feel blessed because I am healthy.  I feel sad because I'm the only one.  I wish I could fix others and help myself at the same time - but I guess it doesn't work that way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break