One Year Free

I'm officially 100% IV Free for One Year.  To celebrate, my parents and I threw a party on Saturday.  It was wonderful - almost all my favorite people were there, and everyone made it so special.  It was better than any birthday party I've ever had because it had so much more meaning to me. 

It was like giving me my life back. 

A friend of mine told me tonight, "You really know how to live, girl...".  And THAT made my night because that is what I want to be known for and eventually remembered for - knowing how to live.  Also, knowing how to love.


This post is dedicated to everyone who helped me get here - ONE YEAR IV FREE.  


To Mom and Dad because they do everything for me.  They always have.  They fight just as hard as I do, if not harder.  I love them with all my heart.  My one wish has always been for them to worry less, and hopefully now they can worry a little less.  


To My Brother for being my little JerkFace.  You understand me and my CF because you've lived it too.  I'm sorry you had to - you got healthy genes and had to live alongside CF anyways.  You are my strength when other people aren't so there for me.  Thank you for getting me here.  I know I called you crying almost daily for a long time this spring - and I'm sorry, but you were wonderful.  The perfect panic attack cure.  I'm so proud of the human you are becoming.  I love you, Dar-Dar.


To My Bonus Siblings and My Bonus Nephew: I could write pages about all you have done for me.  Chris, Kyra, Luca and Sarah Lynn - my life would be empty without you.  You make me smile daily in some way and you're right there to live my life with me.  Here's to the family you CAN pick!


To My Friends:  Thanks for loving me.  I love you, too.  Let's keep living life!!!


To Dr. Green: You said it was very unlikely that I would ever make it 6 months, let alone a year, without IV antibiotics, and here I am. I was 18 when you told me that, and now I'm 24.  I think we both know we didn't know if I would make it to 24 without needing a transplant... and I think we're both very glad I don't need one right now. Thank you for being the best Pediatric Pulmonologist ever.  You treated me with love and compassion for over 17 years and I've been searching for that kind of care ever since.  I think I've finally found it at another CF care center.  Thank you for being a role model for the kind of treatment and care I deserve.  And I made it a year!!!


To the hospital staff and doctors: Here is one line thanking you all. 


I did it, guys!!! I'm ONE YEAR FREE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break