Sidetracked

I'm organizing my house. The WHOLE house. At first it was going well, but I think I started before I was babysitting regularly. Anyways, I started in the master bathroom - and it went well. It actually is still pretty organized. And my bathtub makes a GREAT clothes hamper. I have yet to put the actual hampers back in the bathtub. The hampers are still in the dining room. Oh, the dining room. What a mess.

Apparently, my idea of organization is also decoration. As a way of organizing I have hung photos and decorations. It gets the photos up off the table and onto the walls. I call that organizing. I still have a few things to hang - like switching some photos out of my room and into the guest bathroom, and then hanging more personal stuff I have on that wall in my bedroom. I also have a memory board to hang in the den. And photos of me as a baby in the guest room. I should probably get at that. It would make me feel like I accomplished something fantastic, even though it doesn't put me a whole lot closer to having my house organized.

The past couple weeks I have been focusing on getting my knitting stuff organized. I made a knitting needle holder, and I knit a holder for some of the accessories like stitch holders and pins and needles. This morning I was almost late getting out the door because I lost a knitting needle. I had a gold knitting needle last night and this morning I couldn't find it. I even lifted the couch and couldn't find it. Where did it go!?!? I'm now obsessed with finding this knitting needle. Never mind I have about 6 other pairs of size 8 knitting needles that I could use, but I liked using this particular gold one. And I can't get over where a knitting needle would go! I swear it walked away. My living room isn't very big. I lifted the couch cushions, and all the things on the floor. I moved the ottoman and even the chair. I have no idea where the stupid thing went. And spending all this time looking for a lost knitting needle again gets me so much closer to having my place all organized.

I see organizing, well more like obsessing over the organization of my knitting stuff, as a good step towards having an organized house because my knitting stuff usually is all over the place. I now have a good system for keeping the needles and tools organized, but how do I keep the yarn organized? I have three drawers full of yarn, several boxes of yarn and miscellaneous bags of yarn all over the place. Maybe that's my next project - containing the yarn. But containing the yarn is yet another side project that isn't really getting me anywhere in organizing my house.

I have organized one corner of my bedroom. And I am proud of that corner. That corner and the bathroom - well currently the bathroom is a little messy because of a certain toddler that wanted to see everything I had in the cabinets, but that's no big deal. All of that can be put away again. And at least all my stuff in the cabinets is labeled.

That's my favorite part of organizing - using my label maker. If anyone saw a recent episode of "Jon and Kate Plus 8," Kate got her very first label maker. Her reaction was squeals and jumping up and down. I had a very similar reaction last Christmas when I got my own label maker. Sadly, today I ran out of tape for the label maker, so I couldn't finish labeling my circular knitting needles. I'll have to find the extra tape (I think I know where it is, but because my place isn't organized, it could be anywhere). I was in a hurry this morning and didn't get around to getting it because I was looking for a missing size 8 knitting needle. Color: Gold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break