Hotel Royalty

I feel like a princess. I'm in Seattle. I am staying with friends for 10 days (probably way past my welcome! Didn't someone once say 'fish and house guests start to stink after three days'?), and there are other friends staying here too for various lengths of time. At most there will be seven people here in this two bedroom, one bathroom home. Thank goodness for the basement!

So I feel like a princess - because I am staying in the 2nd bedroom the whole time. My hosts are worried there might be some creepy mold hidden in the basement, so they won't let me stay there. I'm very happy.

My hostess, E, put enough blankets on the bed to suffocate me, just so I'd be warm enough.

And my hosts - two of the best friends I have. And the four other people joining us? Also amazing friends. These are friends willing to do my chest PT and push me in a wheelchair around San Francisco. Have you heard about the hills there? Because they are huge. And Seattle? Also big hills. And these friends are willing to push me around again so I can keep up with them and see as much as possible.

I can't wait for the fun to begin - and maybe that's why my body woke me at 6am. No matter what time zone, I wake up at 6am. Big pain because I came in on a late flight and didn't get to bed until after two. Hopefully after writing a nice, long blog entry I'll sleep like a baby for a couple more hours. I don't want to wake my hosts at this ridiculous hour so I can eat and then go right back to bed! Because that's what I have to do at home when I stay up late - nap during the day.

I can't wait to spend 10 glorious days with some of my best friends in the world E, J, M, P, K, and Gancl. Don't worry, that's her nickname.

But for right this moment I need to calm my excitement and drift back to sleep at Hotel Royalty - where I really feel like a princess.


-- Carla's on the go! Post from her iPhone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break