A long time ago - about three years, I wrote about first a home health company bringing Big Ugly to me, and then a couple months later taking him away. Big Ugly was my first oxygen concentrator. Big Ugly was just that - big, ugly, and also really noisy. I hated that thing, but sleeping was better and eventually I needed O2 during the day as well, and then when my PFTs went up, they took Big Ugly away. And I was Happy.
But I was also sleepy... for three years. I have been The Queen of Sleep, She Who Sleeps A Lot, The One Who Is Always Asleep for about three years now - and it's gotten worse over the course of those years. I have switched CF centers, and mentioned my sleepiness when I went to clinic a week ago. They eventually (after several grueling days of knowing in my heart what I needed and not being able to get it right away) decided I need O2 at night.
So Big Ugly returned... but this Big Ugly is less big, less ugly, and definitely less noisy. AND I'm sleeping better!!! I can take a one or two hour nap and feel refreshed. I don't need four hour naps! (At least in the last 2 days... this is Day 3 of BEING AWAKE!)
And now I need to know what to do with all my extra time. There are other reasons I have extra time, which are sad... and I'm going to have to find ways to fill my time. For now, I am going to make myself a list to remind me how to pass the time.
1. I will walk 3 times per week - at least! When it is nice out, I will walk outside. When it is not, I can walk on the treadmill or play the Wii. Hopefully this will help my lungs and with weight loss.
2. I will finish my quilt. I will finish THE DRESS OF DOOM that I'm knitting, and I will finish the scarf I'm working on. Then I will knit other projects. -most of this knitting will be done while watching TV/Movies-
3. Blogapalooza! I will blog lots.
4. I will write in my journal and my Letters to Luca journal.
5. I will host movie nights on Tuesdays... well Mondays or Tuesdays??? I don't know - this is a work in progress.
That's all for now - except my doctor wants me to find somewhere to volunteer or something to do. Any ideas?
My Very True and Important Book Report on Charlotte’s Web, Part One - [image: charlotte_featured] While we have all been motivated to take on more of an activist role in our daily lives, we also need some intermittent distract...
1 year ago