Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

I enjoyed my Thanksgiving, and here are some things that I am thankful for.

1. My mother and I are getting along. Who knows why, but things have been peaceful. Shocking, I know.

2. My family - this includes those whom I consider to be part of my extended family. People like Chris, Kyra and Luca, and Sarah Lynn. There could be a couple others - but those are the big ones. The people who get me, who understand my limits and my abilities, and the people I would give my life for. I have loved spending this week with my Mom, Dad, and Darin, and I'm a little sad to be returning home tomorrow. At least I will be going home to see La Luca who I haven't seen in more than a week!!!

3. My friends. Lots of times they help me out and I love them to death - especially because they make me laugh, but the verdict is not completely out, yet. My ideal would be to have them understand me as well as my family, but I don't think it is possible. My dad read my entry called, "sometimes" and he said, "Wouldn't it be nice if people would not shy away from illness and throw you a giant party in the church basement before you die?" - That's paraphrasing a little, but it's the same point.

Ideally, I would party all the time with my friends and family - even when I'm sick I like to have company and just know that people are there for me. I know life is short, so I aim to do what I want, when I want, and to just have a good time.

Be silly. Laugh. Dance. Giggle.

4. Health. Mine may not be the best, but it's better than a lot of people. I can still do things I want to do and I'm not extremely limited - especially if outings include use of a wheelchair.

I'm thankful I am not in the hospital this Thanksgiving - because last year I was. I'm thankful my mother and I are not in a huge fight because last Thanksgiving we were. I'm thankful I did IVs at home and I got better - because last year I did them in the hospital and I got worse. I ended up on oxygen for a couple months and I dread doing that again.

The things I am thankful for all tie together and give me the thing I am most thankful for: The opportunity to be able to live how I want and to live happily. I am happy and thankful this evening.

I hope you are as blessed as I am.

Love,
Carla

Comments

Chris said…
We're thankful for you too! You a great auntie and friend. Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break