Thankful

This is one of those nights that I am feeling very thankful.

First, I am very thankful to have somewhere warm to sleep on this incredibly cold night.

I am thankful for family who will take care of me.

I am thankful for friends who will distract me when family drives me nuts. I have the most amazing friends on the planet. I can't think of anything I lack in terms of friends. My friends are diverse and wonderful. I love them with all my heart.

I am thankful for having so many people who care about me. Every year when I raise money for Great Strides it amazes me how generous people are - and how much more generous they are the next year. It's because of ya'll that I can raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and hope to see a cure in my lifetime - even if that cure is too late for me.

I am thankful for my internet family. It might be a little internet family, but you people are real - and most of you have CF, and that means you know exactly what I'm going through. You know how hard winter is, and you know how frustrating the government is (Yay for a democratic President-elect and congress!), and how angry your CF center can make you and it's just nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way about these things.

I'm thankful for U.S. healthcare. There are many countries around the world that barely have CF centers (if at all). I'm lucky enough to have born in an industrialized nation with good healthcare.

I'm thankful that I am still alive. It's a good life.

Comments

Gizela said…
Very inspiring to read your thankfulness post.
May us all be reminded to be thankful every day.
Take care.
careysue said…
You are special.

I'm thankful for your blog, I might not comment all the time, but I come here regularly and check in on you!

Thank you.
Chris said…
I'm thankful for you, too.

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break