Lauren and Carla... some pretty Lucky Ladybugs


This is our 2009 Great Strides promotional photo for the Lucky Ladybugs. I know, we both look like death, but Lauren's in the hospital and I was busy getting ready to leave for California.

The day before I left Lauren and I had our Hospital Photo shoot, I packed and did some errands, spent the afternoon with Luca and Kyra, went to dinner with Chris, Kyra and Luca, and made an appearance at games night. I did all of this AFTER I recorded my podcast for CFvoice.com.

To record the interview that will end up being several podcasts, I had to go to a professional studio. I sat on a couch with the microphone and mesh screen in front of me. I had a ton of fun doing it and talking candidly about my CF. I enjoyed saying exactly what I wanted to say without having to guess someone's reaction or filter it to prevent someone from the whole truth. I talked about many subjects, but I know the one that could come back to bite me in the ass is talking about my parents and the support system they have. I had outlined the entire support system I have in place, and got asked the question, "Do your parents have a similar support system?" And I laughed and then said, "No." Hopefully the laugh won't be on there - and it will be edited in the way where I say that I wish my parents could find some better support. Because I said it, and I mean it.

Currently I am in San Jose, California with friends and having a blast. After re-telling what I did Thursday, I am surprised that I haven't collapsed from exhaustion. Yet. Well, there is always Monday.

Hop on over to My Travel Blog to read more!

Things here may be a little light until I get back from California.
Love,
Carla

Comments

Hi there. I stumbled upon your blog and wanted to ask if you would like a free, custom blog design (background/header/buttons etc)? I run a scheme called "write from the heart" from my blog and I offer free blog designs for people who are sick or who have sick children. It's my way of giving something back to people. If you are interested you can find out more information here http://thepimpmyblogblog.blogspot.com/search/label/write%20from%20the%20heart. If you are not interested, please feel free to tell other people who might be interested. Thanks :)

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break