End of 2008 ... Because I like to Reflect

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
*Had to be on O2 24/7. That was scary. But I got better and now don't need any.
*Went to Venice, Florence and Rome :-D
*Vacay with just Darin and Dad
*Raised more money for Great Strides than I ever had before

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
*I usually refuse to make New Years' Resolutions because the disappointment of breaking them is hard.
*I resolve to define myself so that I am comfortable telling people about my life. Am I a professional patient? Retired? Doing whatever the fuck I want so that I will be happy? Being lazy? I have no idea right now, but my goal is to become comfortable meeting new people and talking to old friends.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*Yes!!! Kyra and Chris. I was so blessed to be there, and am so blessed to be Auntie Carla to my little Luca!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
*Great-Aunt Emma
*Troy
*Laura
*Janel
*I got some great Angels this year. And I will never forget the Angels I have gained throughout my life.

5. What countries did you visit?
*France (for about an hour)
*Germany
*Austria
*Italy
*Switzerland

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
*A little more luck with my health. Not starting out on O2 is a plus. Let's not gain something else like endometriosis... I'm done with new diseases.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
*June 8th - we left for Europe.
*October 14th - LUCA WAS BORN!!!
There were some sad things that happened this year - but I try not to remember exact dates

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*Raising more money for Great Strides
*Surviving Europe

9. What was your biggest failure?
*I try not to judge myself by failures

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
*Yes, yes I did.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
*Stuff from IKEA!

WHAT ABOUT 12 and 13?!?! (I know I'll probably steal questions from other ones and put them here...)

14. Where did most of your money go?
*Bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
*Europe
*IKEA
*LUCA!
*Dating again, but we're going to forget I put that there.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
*"I Kissed a Girl" - Katy Perry

Compared to this time last year, are you:

17. Thinner or fatter?
*Same-ish.

18. Richer or poorer?
*Money-wise? Same-ish
*Friends-wise, richer! I have been through a lot and I know who is still there for me!

19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*Writing? Not really though, I tend to enjoy myself.

20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*Playing Zuma, Minesweeper, Solitaire, etc.

21. How will you be spending Christmas?
*With the Fam. Already celebrated with Chris, Kyra and Luca!

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
*Kinda... but, um, let's not talk about it.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
...Oh, so many!
*Dexter
*Doctor Who
*Mad About You (I record re-runs :-P)
*The Daily Show
*Criminal Minds, etc. etc. I watch too much shit.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*I don't hate anyone, but there are people who are no longer on my "Good List."

26. What was the best book you read?
*"Sick Girl Speaks"

27. What was your biggest musical discovery?
*Every. Single. British. NOW. I died and went to music heaven.

28. What did you want and get?
*Um... to go to Europe?

29. What did you want and not get?
*Really? Let's not answer this one.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
*Movie I watched or movie from this year? Geeze, I don't remember all the movies I've seen this year. I love "Funny Face."
*27 Dresses... haha.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
*ON the day? I saw my therapist. I tried to forget the rest of the day. I was 22.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*More love?

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
*Hate the Leggings, Embrace the Leggings.

34. What kept you sane?
*Dad
*Dr. Martin
*My friends

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*Hillary Clinton
*Natalie Portman

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
*Gay Marriage
*Abortion
*Civil Rights
*Mental Health Parity
*Stem Cells
*Women's Issues
*The War - I WANT PEACE!
...I get a tad worked up about these things.

37. Who did you miss?
*Sarah Lynn... I'm away from her the most.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
*Luca! By FAR!!!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
*I can get through anything

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I am the luckiest."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break