1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
*Had to be on O2 24/7. That was scary. But I got better and now don't need any.
*Went to Venice, Florence and Rome :-D
*Vacay with just Darin and Dad
*Raised more money for Great Strides than I ever had before
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
*I usually refuse to make New Years' Resolutions because the disappointment of breaking them is hard.
*I resolve to define myself so that I am comfortable telling people about my life. Am I a professional patient? Retired? Doing whatever the fuck I want so that I will be happy? Being lazy? I have no idea right now, but my goal is to become comfortable meeting new people and talking to old friends.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*Yes!!! Kyra and Chris. I was so blessed to be there, and am so blessed to be Auntie Carla to my little Luca!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
*I got some great Angels this year. And I will never forget the Angels I have gained throughout my life.
5. What countries did you visit?
*France (for about an hour)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
*A little more luck with my health. Not starting out on O2 is a plus. Let's not gain something else like endometriosis... I'm done with new diseases.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
*June 8th - we left for Europe.
*October 14th - LUCA WAS BORN!!!
There were some sad things that happened this year - but I try not to remember exact dates
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*Raising more money for Great Strides
9. What was your biggest failure?
*I try not to judge myself by failures
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
*Yes, yes I did.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
*Stuff from IKEA!
WHAT ABOUT 12 and 13?!?! (I know I'll probably steal questions from other ones and put them here...)
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
*Dating again, but we're going to forget I put that there.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
*"I Kissed a Girl" - Katy Perry
Compared to this time last year, are you:
17. Thinner or fatter?
18. Richer or poorer?
*Friends-wise, richer! I have been through a lot and I know who is still there for me!
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
*Writing? Not really though, I tend to enjoy myself.
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
*Playing Zuma, Minesweeper, Solitaire, etc.
21. How will you be spending Christmas?
*With the Fam. Already celebrated with Chris, Kyra and Luca!
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
*Kinda... but, um, let's not talk about it.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
...Oh, so many!
*Mad About You (I record re-runs :-P)
*The Daily Show
*Criminal Minds, etc. etc. I watch too much shit.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*I don't hate anyone, but there are people who are no longer on my "Good List."
26. What was the best book you read?
*"Sick Girl Speaks"
27. What was your biggest musical discovery?
*Every. Single. British. NOW. I died and went to music heaven.
28. What did you want and get?
*Um... to go to Europe?
29. What did you want and not get?
*Really? Let's not answer this one.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
*Movie I watched or movie from this year? Geeze, I don't remember all the movies I've seen this year. I love "Funny Face."
*27 Dresses... haha.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
*ON the day? I saw my therapist. I tried to forget the rest of the day. I was 22.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
*Hate the Leggings, Embrace the Leggings.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
*Mental Health Parity
*The War - I WANT PEACE!
...I get a tad worked up about these things.
37. Who did you miss?
*Sarah Lynn... I'm away from her the most.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
*Luca! By FAR!!!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
*I can get through anything
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I am the luckiest."
My Very True and Important Book Report on Charlotte’s Web, Part One - [image: charlotte_featured] While we have all been motivated to take on more of an activist role in our daily lives, we also need some intermittent distract...
10 months ago