End of a Trip

So here I am in the New Orleans airport with more than an hour and a half until our plane will board. There is the gate check tag I need to get when an agent arrives at the counter, but other then that, I'm all set to go.

Once again we had to buy a bag to get all our junk home - man I love traveling with Dad! It's just a small tote bag, so it's not a huge deal.

Sunday night we went to visit the Greshams in their home on the Cane River. Tom is an old friend of my dad's from childhood, and that is where I found out that Zebras are for sure white with black stripes. Tom and Pat had a zebra skin rug on the floor. A REAL zebra that Tom probably shot himself. He is the host of the radio show "Gun Talk."

Monday we went to Avery Island on our way from Natchitotches to New Orleans. If you follow my Twitted you know I saw me some gators! Real live gators just a few feet from me!!!

And yesterday afternoon and today we explored New Orleans. What an amazing place! We at charbroiled oysters last night, had a po-boy and then pie. Then we went to Cafe du Monde and had beignets. I was so full Harold, the baby in my tummy who appears when I eat too much emerged with vengence. I think today Harold is still noticeable.

So here are photos from the iPhone. Hopefully I'll be posting some great ones from home too.

Dad near the Buddha on Avery Island




Flowers




GATORS!!! And a turtle.


-- Post From My iPhone

Comments

Unknown said…
Was just in New Orleans. Wish I shared your enthusiasm. Guess I went there too much as a child. Glad you made it to Cafe du Monde. Sadly it didn't fit into my timetable.

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break