No Longer a Bad Day

I'm feeling better- I was just tired and overdosed on bad CF stuff. That end-stage blog stuff is hard to deal with, but I feel it's important. Not only for other CFers, but for the public to see how desperately we need to raise money to help these kids - the kids who may not get a chance to see high school - or even middle school. While high school may not have been my favorite period in my life, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I did some amazing things in high school - some things I think every kid should get to do. I went to Paris with the Marching band, just to name a major priceless thing I did. I played clarinet in Fiddler on the Roof, and piano for the Swing Choir. My mentors from high school are the greatest role models a teenager could have.

I find these CF kids inspiring and I look up to them, even though I am older - but at the same time, I would do anything to trade places with them, even for a little while, so they could be happy and worry-free. So they could experience life without the breathing troubles.

I know I have the severe type of CF, and I'm not always happy with my lung functions, but I can still do so many things - and I am so grateful for that. That's why today is a good day.

Love,
Carla

Comments

Alice Vogt said…
Don't stress too much about end-stage CF... I also never saw someone die of CF, and didn't even realise I was end-stage, which is a blessing. When I saw the tx Dr the first time, I thught he'd tell me I must come back in 5 yrs time... he told me I was a late referral. So before I knew it I was listed, and now I can breathe.. My point is basically that worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It keeps you busy but gets you nowhere. So just enjoy what you can still do to the full, and don't have any regrets...

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break