Self-Censorship

If I wrote down everything I thought, this blog would be so much better.

If I included all the crazy things that go on in my life, this blog would be so much better.

But I'm still deciding what is too much to talk about and who I will and will not talk about and the subjects I will and will not talk about. I'd rather not self-censor, but if I just ran my big mouth bad things could happen - like I could get kicked off the dance team. Oh wait, that did happen, and I was being careful not to say anything too horrible.

I need to make this blog more interesting. Maybe I won't censor myself so much... I will write one provocative entry and see what happens.

...but there's somethings I have to be careful about. My mother is worried that I will say something that will get my medicaid taken away (and I've never done anything to warrant the taking-away of the medicaid, that I know of, but those government people are tricky). I worry a little bit about what others will think of me -but at the same time, if you know me well enough, you know that I'll say just about anything in person, so why shouldn't I say just about anything in my blog?

Maybe I'll do it. But I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. That's the one thing I really don't want to do in my blog - because I know how it feels to have my feelings hurt (or my heart torn out by the dance team that I was madly in love with - see, I'm over this, can't you tell?).

So just in case I write something about you - and you'll probably figure out it's you even if I don't use your name - I didn't want to hurt you, even if it hurt. It was a joke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break