Saving My Soul

I have two friends conspiring to save my soul. I know one thinks that if I accept God into my life, I will get better. Good thinking.

I think I have written about this before, but I noticed a post on Facebook about me and it just irked me.

My soul is good. I do my own spiritual thing - what I need to get through my CF and the troubles I have. I take care of myself physically, emotionally and spiritually. Some people may not agree with the way I do it, but my way works for me and I'm happy.

I've gotten myself through depression so far - and not to mention all those setbacks like, oh, dropping out of college, not being able to have a job because of my "disability" - I don't really like calling it that, but I guess that's what it is. I have gotten through being on oxygen and thinking I was near the transplant list several times - and I have bounced back and continued to work on all the things I love. I love the CF Foundation, I love babysitting, I love my CF Connections group, I love my friends and my family and I'm so lucky to be able to get to spend so much time with them.

If I had a job - a real job, working 9 to 5 like Dolly, my entire life would be work, treatments, eating, and sleeping. I don't think I'd have the energy to shower, let alone spend quality time with family and friends. I get exhausted quickly, so I like to spend all the energy I have doing things I love. And I've grown to love the resting - the watching TV shows I never thought I would watch. Like Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy. They really aren't as bad as I pretended they were.

I am now out of shows to watch - so if you know a good show, let me know so I can watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break