Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Allergic to Daylight

Today, I woke up around 10:30am to the sound of my alarm. I rolled over, looked at the clock and wondered why my phone was making such a horrible noise at such an un-Godly hour of the morning. Then I remembered I had an appointment at the CF Foundation at 11:30, so I rolled my ass out of bed, begrudgingly, and threw on some clothes - probably the same outfit I wore to dance last night, but maybe with a different sweater. I can wear the same pants and bra 14 days in a row, but GOD FORBID I wear the same sweater two days in a row. Someone might notice that and make me move back to my parents because I am unable to do my own laundry at appropriate intervals.

After throwing clothing on my tired body, I made my famous Eggo waffles, smothered them in syrup and sat at my computer to check my email and catch up on my morning blogs. I have the need to see who has done what in the last 12 hours while I have been in my bed.

Nothing exciting, except Tracy emailed me to say that she had me down for NEXT Wednesday, not today. I swear the same thing happened last week, but that's how the CF Foundation around here works, so I wasn't surprised. Then I realized I had gotten out of bed so early for nothing. And I was already dressed. Had I gotten to the point of brushing my hair, my teeth and throwing makeup at my face, I would have been really upset that I had put forth so much effort only for my meeting to be canceled. But since I had only gotten dressed, I finished my waffles and crawled back into bed.

Once in bed my lungs felt the urge to hurl up a big ol' wad of crud. I can tell how gross it is going to be by the way it comes up, and the texture in my mouth. I was savoring the flavor of syrup, I really didn't want that wad of crud to come up and leave a bad taste in my mouth, but it did, and it was nasty.

Now, here I must inject that two weeks ago I was getting ready to go help clean out my Great Aunt's apartment, and I got a mysterious rash after 1)getting dressed before noon and 2)coughing up a big gob o' junk, very similar to the crud I hacked up this morning. The rash started in a stripe on my face, then spread to my neck, arms, chest and back before I took a Benadryl to stop it.

So this morning, I am sitting in bed knitting after coughing up my huge wad of junk, and my face starts to feel warm. I ignore it. Then, my neck starts to itch and finally it spreads to my chest before I decide that I should get out of bed and go look in the mirror. What do you know? I'm rashy. I take a Benadryl and call my father - the most brilliant of all doctors. If he doesn't know why this rash is happening, no one will.

We decided that I'm allergic to getting up and dressed before noon and then coughing up stuff.
I've decided it's definitely getting up before noon, and has nothing to do with me coughing up nasty gobs of stuff. I'm probably allergic to daylight.

No comments:

My Blog List

Site Meter