It's Days Like Today

That are hard to deal with. I learned a friend of mine, who had CF passed away yesterday. He was 31 and decided a couple weeks ago he didn't want to fight anymore. That's only 10 years older than me. I really don't know what to say, except at least he isn't suffering anymore.

The friend of mine who called to tell me, informed me that she tried to commit suicide on St. Patrick's day and is now in a partial hospitalization grief counseling program - and all I can say is at least she's feeling better. For her, I hope she deals with not only her grief better, but her outlook on life. There's only so much I can do to help someone see all the things they can still do and how wonderful life can be.

This will be my fourth funeral since September (I knew a fifth person who died, but couldn't make it to my hometown for the service), and each one reminds me how lucky I am to still be able to do the things I love and to be with the people I love.

Life is precious - even when you're sick. Maybe even more so when you're sick. I treasure every single day that I feel well enough to go somewhere or work on a project or just write in my blog. All the little things make me really happy, and overall I am really happy.

I have several other things I want to blog about today - and maybe I'll feel more like it tonight, but right now, this is for Troy. He fought for a really long time, and suffered a lot. He's in a better place now.

Rest in Peace, Buddy. 3.4.77-3.26.08

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break