Amazing Day Where I Felt A Little Better Finally

So this Great Strides thing always picks me up every year - it reminds me that people care, blah blah blah, but THIS year. THIS year I feel LOVED. Very very loved by my dance family. My dance family - they are family to me, the people I am closest to and see most often in this town.

So, one of the members of this dance family convinced the UWMBDA council (which I'm a member of, I just can't make the meetings b/c they are scheduled on Sundays between 2-4 and my nurse comes then) to hold a benefit for CF. They did this without me knowing and yesterday Brent surprised me. It's honestly the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

It's not that hard since we have weekly dances anyways, and they just decided to donate the proceeds from one of the dances to CF - and now I'm working on getting things to raffle off. Gift certificates and the like. It's that someone thought to do this for me... I feel so loved.

I found this out, and then right away had to leave for the gynecologist. She's one of the few doctors I like - I know with the sticking a spectrum all up in my business and everything, I still like her. That says a lot about her as a person. She listens to my concerns and considers my CF in all situations. And she just listens to me and I love that. God forbid, a doctor who listens. Anyways, we went over all the different options to try to stop this constant bleeding, and she was very positive that we'll find one. And if we don't - I'll have surgery to kill the lining in my uterus and I'll never bleed again - I'll also never be able to have children, but not like it's lookin' real good now anyways.

After the gyno I called my mother and I rambled on about the benefit dance, talking about how I don't go to meetings because that's when my nurse comes so they were able to surprise me. And her response, "So what's your point?"
Me: "Um, that it's cool?"
I was totally feelin' the love, but that's my mother.

On a positive note, I told my dad today and he was excited for me, so that's good.

After I talked to my mom I went to the pharmacy and to Target. Man was I having a GREAT day! I finally felt that maybe the meds are starting to work (and I think they are now that I'm over the trauma of last night), and then I went to meet my friend for dinner... and she had something to tell me. And honestly it was the worst conversation I never wanted to have - I knew what she was going to say.

Comments

Chris said…
I'm so glad they changed the date so we can make it. Whoever set this up is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break