Realizations and Comments for the World

Depression is real. If you have ever doubted its existence you should see me. It's so fucking real.

Depression hurts. A terrible hurt that you can't make go away no matter what you do.

Sometimes, friends and family are the best things in the world - and that includes the internet family. They rocked my little world this morning, although everything made me cry.

Baby Steps. I just need Baby Steps. Watch What About Bob? if you have any doubts about that.

I like baby polar bears. They made me almost smile today - which is better than crying, so I plan on watching many a baby polar bear video in the next few days, weeks, months. However long it takes me to get better.

I really want to get better. I want to get over this depression more than I've ever wanted anything in the world. I want to be out having fun with my friends and not sitting at home crying and I want to be able to get out of bed and shower. Get out of bed and DO ANYTHING. I want to be able to get out of bed. Getting out of bed is so hard.

Baby Steps. I'll take Baby Steps. Too bad I have all this damn dance practice in the way of my baby stepping this week. Right. Damn showcase - and those of you who know me know that's NOT how I was about last semester's showcase - I'm a different person - a depressed person, and I don't like it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do theater. I knew I was depressed and HAD to get help when I did a show and didn't enjoy it. Not just "didn't enjoy it"...I couldn't learn my lines, I was afraid to go on stage, I got off stage and couldn't remember what scene came next, And I left the theater never wanting to step on stage again. That's when I finally gave in and called a therapist. Now, therapy is not for me. It annoyed me. Pissed me off, really. My options became, keep doing this bullshit, or make up my mind to get over this. So, I got a scrip for a mild annti-depressant, made a huge list of what I wanted my life to look like and just started attacking it. That's not to say that depression wasn't real, or that it was something I could will away. IT is very real. Once it has you, that's it. For me, I just had to get fucking tired to being depressed. I had to kick myself in the ass. And, I had to work up a good a mount of hatred for that insipid therapist wiht her ugly red shoes.

You are able to state that you want to get better. That's a good step in the right direction. You didn't care one way or the other a few days ago.

You'll make it. Let me know if you need me to drive to Madison and kick you.

Tami

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break