It's Just Like Gonin' Fishin'

A couple years ago my dad made me a sign for my birthday. It has a postcard of a golden retriever and the words "As long as one and one are two, there could never be another father who loves his daughter as much as I love you."

It's the best present I've ever gotten. It sits on a shelf above my bed where I keep my collection of angels. It's on my angel shelf. Dad made it because of a Paul Simon's song "Father and Daughter." Everyone knows Paul Simon is my favorite, and this song is special for me and Dad.

The lyrics are:

"I'm gonna stand guard
Like the postcard of a golden retriever
and never leave until I leave you
With a sweet dream in your head

I'm gonna watch you shine
Gonna watch you grow
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know

As long as one and one is two
There could never be a father
Who loved his daughter more
Than I loved you

Trust your intuition
It's just like goin' fishin'
You cast your line and
Hope you get a bite."

That's my favorite part of the song, and the part my dad made the sign from. It's our song. And when I heard it today, it reminded me of putting my head on Dad's shoulder at the Paul Simon concert a couple summers ago, and that is just one of my favorite moments ever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG! I love that song!

~ Rachel

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break