That one episode

So this episode of Grey's has a CF patient in it. This is my commentary on that since my day is pretty boring so far - blissfully boring.

I like this specific quote "I did two years in genetic research in cystic fibrosis, I've pretty much seen it all." Yeah. Right. Uh, huh. Please tell me I don't have to explain to you what is wrong with that quote.

I know I am focusing on the medicine here- I have been instructed to ignore the medicine and focus on the show, but I just can't focus on the show when it's about a CF patient and so many things are wrong. Just. Plain. Wrong.

It's like they looked up things that could happen in CF - like the rare cases and smooshed them all together. They have a guy running marathons or triathlons or some thons and his pancreatitis is so bad that they are thinking about removing the pancreas. Right. Uh huh. Sure.

It's amusing how much they screw up, yet maddening because people are doing so much work to try and raise awareness about CF and it's just not happening. Millions of people watched that Grey's episode -and I'll bet very few even listened to what the diagnosis was.

Next Quote: "26 years with this disease is awesome..." then something about so if I survive the surgery, great and if I don't I had 26 years....

And then the CF patient dies in the OR.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Contact

Abuse

Social Media Break